Field of Membership
To become a member-owner of Greater Minnesota Credit Union, you are simply required to fit into our field of membership. GMCU’s field of membership is defined as follows:
Individuals who are members of the Federated Coops, Inc., individuals within the School Districts of: Mora, Ogilvie, Hinckley, Milaca, Pine City and Isle. Persons who reside in Anoka, Hennepin, Sherburne and Wright counties, employees of this credit union, employees of Connexus Energy, employees of Great River Energy, and the employees of the United States Department of Justice who work at the Federal Correctional Institution at Sandstone, Minnesota; the prison retirees, members of their immediate families and any organizations of such persons. Membership is also available to the blood relatives of all members and all corporations or organizations that fit into our field of membership. Small employee groups (SEG’S) from outside our service area may be accepted for membership after securing our regulators approval.
Membership Application Process
Becoming a member of Greater Minnesota Credit Union can be accomplished very easily:
- Simply visit any of our six convenient branches; Know your Social Security Number (not necessary to produce the actual card)
- Bring with you a valid government issued picture ID;
- If your picture ID does not have your current address on it, we require a utility bill issued in your name;
- Know your Social Security Number or Tax ID Number (not necessary to produce the actual card);
- Complete a membership application form with an initial deposit of at least $26.00 ($25.00 signifies your share in the credit union and gives you voting privileges as a full member. $1.00 is a one-time, non-refundable membership fee). A minimum balance of $25 will remain on deposit in your savings account, but can be withdrawn should you choose to terminate your membership.
Should you have any questions regarding the information above, please call 800.808.2830 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your new savings account acts as a financial building block allowing you to apply for all of our other services. Please see a member services representative for detailed information on fees, funds availability and other specific disclosures.